Massif du Sud regional park is partly made of public lands. Thus, during the fall season, especially during the deer and moose hunting seasons, some areas and trails of the park may be visited by hunters.
It is important to remember that public lands are shared between users, hunters and hikers alike. Following this, at Massif du Sud regional park, we decided to keep most of our trails open to hikers during the different hunting seasons. Keeping in mind that the land is shared, we ask for everyone’s collaboration.
Hunting seasons at Massif du Sud regional park – 2021:
- Bow / Crossbow: October 2nd to 15th 2021
- Firearms / Bow / Crossbow: November 6th to 21st 2021
- Bow / Crossbow: October 2nd to 6th 2021
- Firearms / Bow / Crossbow: October 16th to 24th 2021
To ensure your safety during these hunting seasons, we recommend that you follow these safety guidelines :
- Wear bright colors (security vest available at the visitor center)
- Avoid hiking early in the morning (before 9 am) dans late in the afternoon (after 4 pm).
Down below is the trail map with a color code system to indicate the prevalence of hunting in the different areas of the park:
Green: Historically, no hunting has been observed on these sections of the trails;
Yellow: Areas where hunting occurs. Wear bright colors and avoid hiking early in the morning or late in the afternoon;
Red: Areas closed to hikers during the hunting season;Plan your hike